Believe in Steve Bradshaw for Leadership
Watch the Bradshaw Campaign for DeKalb CEO Announcement Video
Learn more about Steve Bradshaw and his vision for DeKalb County.
Steve is a natural leader with a background that spans military service, business development, and academia. He has served as DeKalb County District 4 Commissioner since 2016.
A Proven Track Record of Delivering for DeKalb County
Better Training and Support for Law Enforcement
Steve is committed to supporting our law enforcement community as they work to keep us safe. Commissioner Bradshaw:
- Voted for pay raises for public safety personnel totaling more than 11%
- Allocated nearly $100,000 of District 4 reserve funds to purchase flock security cameras for high-crime areas in the district
- Allocated more than $30,000 of District 4 reserve funds to purchase and deploy speed detection devices throughout DeKalb County
Community, Business, and Military Leadership
Steve Bradshaw served as a Officer in the United States Army, having attained the rank of Captain. He then had a successful career in Business Development, and later earned his Master’s Degree in Public Administration.
Steve was first elected to the DeKalb County Commission, District 4, in 2016, and was re-elected in 2020.
- Elected unanimously as Presiding Officer of the Board of Commissioners in 2020 and 2021
- Chaired the Finance, Audit and Budget Committee
- Chaired, Public Works and Infrastructure Committee in 2019 where he instituted an oversight audit that saved taxpayers over $5.6 million
- Chaired, County Operations Committee in 2017 and 2018, where he adopted the No Kill Standard for our Animal Shelter
A Better Business Environment Means More Opportunity
As a member of the Board of Commissioners and as Presiding Officer, Commissioner Bradshaw helped ignite economic development in the county.
- Allocated $140,000 of District 4 reserve funds for a study to determine development opportunities on the Memorial Drive corridor
- Directed over $200,000 of District 4 reserve funds to conduct a viability study for the establishment of a Community Improvement District (CID) along the Memorial Drive corridor
- Allocated $75,000 of District 4 reserve funds to Advance DeKalb to improve relationships between the county and business owners
- Allocated $50,000 of District 4 Reserve Funds to the Memorial Drive Community Action Groups
Reducing Waste While Improving DeKalb’s Financial Status
Steve Bradshaw helped turn around DeKalb County’s financial standing.
- Eliminated the 2016 DeKalb County $24 million deficit
- Grew the fund balance from a negative $24 million to its current balance of well above $100 Million
- Improved DeKalb County’s credit rating
- Returned nearly $400,000 of the District 4 budget back to the General Fund, saving all DeKalb taxpayers money
A Military Veteran Fighting for Fellow Vets
As a veteran, Steve understands the unique needs of those who served our country. As a DeKalb County Commissioner, Mr. Bradshaw:
- Hosted a Resources Expo for DeKalb County Veterans in 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022
- Allocated $40,000 of District 4 reserve funds to the Veterans Treatment Court
- Appointed to serve as Vice-Chair of the National Association of Counties Veterans and Military Affairs Committee