About Commissioner Steve Bradshaw, Candidate for DeKalb County CEO
A Lifetime of Service Began in the Military
Steve Bradshaw is a former officer in the US Army and a business development executive. He currently serves as the DeKalb County District 4 Commissioner and is a candidate for DeKalb County CEO in 2024.
Believe in Steve Bradshaw for a Better DeKalb County
Commissioner Bradshaw defeated the then-incumbent 4th district commission in 2016 and was re-elected to the office in 2020. He has given back to his community by serving on various non-profit and community boards.
Over his tenure on the Commission, Bradshaw was twice elected to serve as Presiding Officer, the second highest position in DeKalb County after CEO.
Bradshaw and his wife of 36 years, Diane, have been residents of DeKalb County for over 30 years. A struggling golfer, Steve enjoys reading and following professional football.
- Elected in 2016 with 89% of the general election vote; Took office in 2017.
- Re-Elected in 2020 unopposed.
- Unanimously elected Presiding Officer of the Board of Commissioners in 2020 and 2021.
- Unanimously elected as Deputy Presiding Officer of the Board of Commissioners in 2018 and 2019.
- Chair, Finance, Audit, and Budget Committee.
- Chair, Public Works and Infrastructure Committee.
- Chair, County Operations Committee.
- Member, Planning Economic Development and Community Services Committee.
- Member, Employee Relations and Public Safety Committee.
- Chair, COVID-19 Small Business Task Force.
- Vice Chair, DeKalb County Board of Health.
- Member, John Lewis Memorial Task Force.
- Member, National Association of Counties Veteran and Military Services Committee.
- Member, Georgia Association of Black County Officials.
- Initiated and maintained the Memorial Drive Corridor Revitalization project.
- Delivered multiple public safety pay increases and was the first commissioner to purchase FLOCK Security cameras with discretionary funds.
- Delivered a Public/Private Partnership Resolution to provide one more tool in DeKalb’s economic development toolbox.
- Delivered a State of the Art Senior and Community Center valued at $9.2 million.
- Delivered a State of the Art Recreational Facility valued at $10.5 million.
- Delivered library improvements of over $4 million.
- Delivered park improvements of over $2 million.
- Delivered infrastructure improvements via the SPLOST program over $31 million.
- Delivered fiscal discipline and financial stability to DeKalb County.
- Delivered the RISE UP youth mentorship program targeted for boys of color.
- Delivered the Men to Mentors project in partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta,
- Delivered professionalism and integrity to the position of County Commissioner.
- In 2023, Hosted a Veterans Resources Expo.
- Fifteen years of private sector business development and operations management experience.
- Worked for organizations such as Spherion, Briggs Equipment, and Delta Global Staffing, a subsidiary of Delta Airlines.
- Negotiated and managed multi-million dollars in client engagement.
Attained the rank of Captain.
- Formally trained as a tank commander.
- Deployed to the Middle East for the First Persian Gulf War.
- Awarded the Meritorious Service Medal and Two Army Commendation Medals.
- Leadership instructor at the Army Officer Candidate School.
- Airborne qualified.
- Taught both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Instructor in the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies at Georgia State University.
- Classes included: Public Service, Democracy, Critical Policy Issues, Organizational Culture and Leadership.
- National Council of Negro Women, DeKalb Section, Life Member.
- DeKalb NAACP, Member.
- 100 Black Men of DeKalb County, Member.
- Leadership DeKalb, Class of 2016
- Pride Rings in Stone Mountain (PRISM), Previous Board Member.
- Clarkson Community Center, Previous Board Member.
- The Giving Tree, An Adoption Resource Agency, Previous Board Member.
- Appointed to the Water and Wastewater Certification Board by Governor Roy Barnes.
- AMVETS Post 44, Life Member.
- MPA, Georgia State University
- BA, Armstrong State College (now Georgia Southern University)